The premier annual congress for foreign exchange and currency markets professionals in the West Coast
PLEASE NOTE, THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS INFORMATION RELATING TO THE 2013 CONFERENCE. ONCE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE 2014 CONFERENCE, THEY WILL BE POSTED HERE SO PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY.
FX Week is delighted to announce that the 3rd annual FX Invest West Coast conference will be taking place in San Francisco on September 17, 2013!
Late this summer, foreign exchange professionals in the West Coast will gather for the day of cutting - edge discussions and rewarding networking with industry peers in the region. And there are a number of topics to unravel this year: the modest global growth and awakening volatility direct to new investment opportunities for the buy-side participants. Continuously changing marketplace also presents new areas for discussions, such as how to manage the growing influences of global monetary policies and Dodd - Frank regulatory statutes, how FX managers can benefit from the continuous technological evolution, and what investment opportunities are there in Asian and frontier currency markets.
Complimentary** attendance for qualified buy-side delegates - Register here
*Click on the speaker picture below to read exclusive interviews*
Head of Currency and Fixed Income Research, BLACKROCK
Global Head of Trading, MELLON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Co-Chief Investment Officer and Director of Research, FX CONCEPTS
By attending the FX Invest West Coast congress, you will:
- Join the stimulating panel discussion on global monetary policies and macroeconomic developments: How are they shaping fundamental market characteristics?
- Assess developments in regulatory landscape and how they will alter the way you execute trades
- Explore the continued evolution of the electronic trading: What can increasingly computerized execution environment offer to FX participants?
- Learn about the essential trends in Asian currencies and how will global FX markets be impacted by the RMB internationalization and continuously weakening Yen
- Understand dynamics of currency investment strategies in the new normal era
- Examine investment opportunities in emerging and frontier currency markets
- Become a part of the FX professionals' community in the West Coast!
Speakers who have already confirmed their participation in 2013 conference include:
- KEYNOTE: Jeanmarie Davis, Senior Vice President, FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF NEW YORK
- KEYNOTE: Axel Merk, President and Chief Investment Officer , MERK INVESTMENTS
- EXECUTIVE ADDRESS: Michael Melvin, Head of Currency and Fixed Income Research, BLACKROCK
- CHAIRMAN: Eric Busay, Portfolio Manager, Global Fixed Income and Currency, CALPERS
- Randolph Wedding, Acting Co-Chief Investment Officer, BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
- Satish Swamy, Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
- Sean Bill, Investment Program Manager, SANTA CLARA VTA and Trustee, CITY OF SAN JOSE POLICE AND FIRE RETIREMENT PLAN
- Gabriel Sod Hoffs, Analyst, Fixed Income and FX, DODGE & COX
- Dori Levanoni, Partner, Co-Director of Global Macro, FIRST QUADRANT
- Tom Sampson, Managing Director and Director of Execution Strategies, WELTON INVESTMENT CORPORATION
- Ron DiRusso, Co-CIO and Director of Research, FX CONCEPTS
- Javier Corominas, Head of Economic Research and FX Strategy, RECORD CURRENCY MANAGEMENT
- Lynn Challenger, Global Head of Trading, MELLON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- John Bird, Portfolio Manager, ATLAS CAPITAL ADVISORS
- Seth Freeman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, EM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Momtchil Pojarliev, Senior Portfolio Manager, HATHERSAGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Jason Leinwand, Head of FX Trading and Strategy, METLIFE INVESTMENTS
- Josh Harlan, Director of New Strategies Development, SUNRISE CAPITAL
- Yevgeny Frenkel, Executive Managing Director, Macro Portfolio Manager, CADDO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
...and many more!
See what delegates said about the last year's conference:
"The depth of content and the calibre of speakers far exceeded my expectations. To this day, it still amazes me the degree to which FX as a stand-alone asset class is over looked and underappreciated."
"I love this conference; FX embodies pretty much all the macro factors influencing the global capital markets. The speakers are always good and there's lots of time and opportunity for interaction "
BNY Mellon Investment Management
"Very strong presenters (stronger than many other conferences I've seen)!"
First Quadrant, L.P.
"The FX Invest West Coast conference had a very diverse and accomplished set of presenters with new insights into FX, and the size of the conference was highly conducive to networking."
STATE STREET GLOBAL ADVISORS
FX Invest West Coast takes place only once a year and as part of the FX community, you cannot afford to miss the 2013 event!
Join the FX Invest West Coast conference community on LinkedIn HERE
Join the FX Week community on LinkedIn HERE